Just Words . . . or are they?

We hear the words poverty and prosperity on the news all the time. We hear about the "War on Poverty" and the "Prosperity of the Nation." We assign the word poverty to the poor and prosperity to the rich. It makes everything so neat, so cut and dry. But have you ever thought about the words and the control they have over the thoughts and feelings of people.

When you hear the words poverty and prosperity, can you feel the power behind them. Say the word poverty, and maybe put it in a sentence like, "I am poor." Can you feel how that sentence sucks the very life out of you? Can you imagine being the object of that sentence? Can you imagine how degrading it is to be "on welfare?" It may not be obvious, but if someone has a poverty consciousness, how can they ever get out of that place.

Albert Einstein said, “We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” And you can't be anything but poor, if you believe yourself to be that. If you give a poor person a large sum of money there would be a tendancy for that person to squander the money, and end up in the same condition.

If, on the other hand you that same person is taught to change their thoughts of themselves and learn to consider themselves a prosperous person, they would in turn attract that prosperity to themselves. Wayne Dyer says "change your thoughts, change your life." The difference between being poor and being rich is a single thought. There have been many times in my life when I have been broke, but I never considered myself poor, and my prosperity was always evident all around me.

I saw it in nature. I saw it in the mussels I would pick of the rocks in the bay , and cook up for lunch or dinner. There are mores ways to measure prosperity than money. In fact defining money as the only measurement of prosperity can be very limiting and wholly unrealistic.

Make a list of the things you are thankful for; your friends, your family, your pets, your car, your ability to walk or talk, the beauty in the forests or the streams or the ocean. There so many things to be thankful for and it is these things that really make us prosperous. So the next time you think, I'm poor, or woe is me, Chang that thought and think about all the good, all the abundance in your life.

Now say the sentence, "I am prosperous" or I am abundant." Doesn't that feel lighter, more healthy, almost exhilarating? That's because it's an uplifting, positive thought. It's a thought that makes you feel good.

Next time you hear about the "war on poverty", just say, I don't support a "War on Poverty", I support "A Consciousness of being Prosperity!"

Jesus never considered himself poor, yet he never carried any money with him, and he always had enough. He had a "Prosperity Consciousness."

So can you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reinventing Myself