Changes

It's that time of year and for me anyway, that time of life. As the color of autumn gets deeper, so does the starkness of winter bring on the sense of dying to the old and through that incubation period or chrysalis stage to be reborn. Letting go of everything in your experience that doesn't serve you, complete dissolution of what has existed before in order that something radically new can be birthed.

How hard it is to let go, to leave the comfort of the womb, but unless we give ourselves to it completely without any thoughts as to the outcome, we surely die. If the caterpillar resists burying itself within its self made sarcophagus, it will shrivel up, whither, and die. Even as it finishes its own tomb, wraps itself in its shroud, it begins to come apart, dissolve into its own imaginal or primordial soup. These cells know what to do, and in its connection back to Source, to its Divine Essence, a reformation and rebirth takes place bringing forth one of nature's most beautiful and most fragile creatures, the butterfly.

Why then do we resist so when Spirit calls to us? Why do we fear so this natural way of it?

I allow myself to die.
I give in to Divine urge,
To be birthed anew.
I trust the Joy of knowing,
There is more to know.
More to be.
And in my Eternal Soul,
I am That, I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog