On love

I don't have a TV. The little news and info I get, I get from being online. I'm already staring at a screen too much, so I'm glad I don't have a TV. And I read a lot more, which I love.

I digress.

I heard about Osama the day after it happened, much later, and I went to CNN.Com to get the skinny.

Tuned into a replay of Obama's address to the nation about the tactical operation, blah, blah, blah. I was saddened by what seemed like a need to justifythe killing of another human being in order that someone might feel like they would have closure. The bizarre thing is that closure at the elimination of one person will be short lived for those seeking this superficial closure when the next bomb goes off or the next attack takes place.

The cancer of hate, of religious bigotry and racial supremacy will continue to fester until each of us is willing to do a serious self-examination of who and what we are, truly. Everytime we kill someone else, we kill a little of ourselves. We have taken God out of the picture, because the ACLU puts the different religion's Gods at odds. So, we fight our wars to bring democracy to the world, but what are we? One nation under God. Is that really who says our way of life is best? Are we even a democracy? Do our legislators really do what's right for our country?

OK, I did it again. The point is, the Source of all there is, God or whatever you want to call it, manifested each and every one of us out of nothing. We are energy coming into existence, and that energy is God. We are all the livingness of God. When we kill another, we diminish ourselves just a little bit by negatively de-energizing another. God is Love. We are love. We are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

When will we realize there is no right way or wrong way? There is only The Way, and Peace is The Way, the only way. The only loving way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog